Hair loss is a common cause of stress among people. There are plenty of reasons for hair fall, from stress to medications. Besides, hereditary reasons also add to the many causes of hair loss. However, Minoxidil can be your solution if you are below 40 and above 18 and have started to experience hair fall recently.
Do you know what Minoxidil is and how does it help in reducing hair loss? If you are looking for a place to learn about the minoxidil medication, then read the entire article to get complete information.
What is Minoxidil?
Minoxidil is a common hair medication that is used for stimulating hair growth. Additionally, it is considered an effective solution for slowing down the balding process. Minoxidil is most effective for individuals under 40 who are experiencing hair balding. Additionally, it can be used by people above 18 years old based on the stage of hair fall. However, it is not so effective in receding hairlines or curing baldness.
How does Minoxidil Works?
Minoxidil is considered to be effective in promoting blood flow. It widens the blood vessels inside the scalp, encouraging the flow to the hair follicles. Besides, as per experts, Minoxidil helps lengthen the anagen phase of the hair growth cycle, thereby stimulating hair growth. Furthermore, it speeds up the telogen of hair regrowth by shedding the weaker follicles and makes the next set of hair grow thicker and stronger.
Benefits of Minoxidil to your Hair
FDA(Food and Drug Administration) recently approved Minoxidil as a component for hair loss treatment shampoo. Wondering what the benefits of Minoxidil are? Read below:
- It promotes hair follicles to regrow hair in the anagen phase
- It slows down the process of hair loss
- It lengthens the anagen phase of hair regrowth
- It helps in producing thicker hair
- It revitalizes blood circulation in the small blood vessels
How to use Minoxidil effectively?
For the best solution, follow the process:
- Adults: Apply 1 milliliter (ml) on your scalp twice a day
- Whereas, for topical foam dosage, apply half of the cap to your scalp twice a day
- In the case of children, it is recommended to consult a healthcare professional to determine the dosage.
- It is clinically proven that it's completely safe for long-term use.
Can Minoxidil be Used by both Men and Women?
Yes, Minoxidil can be used by both men and women. However, there are two different variants used by men and women. It has to be noted that Minoxidil is available in two variants viz. Minoxidil 2% and Minoxidil 5%. While Minoxidil 2% is recommended for women and men, Minoxidil 5% is recommended only for men.
Minoxidil 2% contains active ingredients such as propylene glycol and water along with a 60% content of alcohol. It helps in promoting hair growth and slowing down hair fall issues. Besides, as per reports, 19% of women reported moderate hair growth within 8 months of using a 2% minoxidil solution.
- Stimulates cells in hair follicles
- Reduces hair fall
- Assists in the treatment of alopecia
- Can be used by both men and women
Minoxidil 5% hair solution contains 60% alcohol and active ingredients like water and propylene glycol. It helps in strengthening and maintaining hair growth after implantation. However, studies highlight women experiencing facial hair growth on the application of 5% Minoxidil solution. Hence it is not recommended for women.
- Safe to use
- Helps maintain hair implants
- Stimulates cell growth in hair follicles
- Recommended for men only
Are there any side effects for Minoxidil?
Every medication has its pros and cons. Similarly, Minoxidil may also have side effects which vary from person to person. Below listed are a few side effects that individuals may experience during the medication:
- It may cause skin rash and itching
- Individuals may experience acne in the applied areas
- It may lead to facial hair growth and a burning sensation on the scalp
- Soreness at the root of hair leads to redness of the skin
- Some may experience swollen face
- People using hypertensive medications
Hair loss can be quite a stressful experience. Finding strands of hair on the pillow can leave you panicked pretty often. Thus, if you are in the starting phase of experiencing hair fall, then Minoxidil is one of the solutions to slow down hair fall and redirect back to the anagen phase of regrowth.
You can buy Minoxidil online in Qatar from Care n Cure, which is one of the top online pharmacies in Qatar to resolve your hair loss issue. The website also provides a detailed description of the medication to assist customers in purchasing after being well informed about the dosage.
Frequently Asked Questions About Minoxidil Hair Fall Solution
- How long can I use Minoxidil?
- For best results, it is recommended to use it for 4 months continuously for good results.
- What special precautions should I follow?
- Do not use the medicine on the eyes, mouth and nose
- Be careful not to breathe when spraying
- Conditions like thyroid can increase hair fall. It is recommended to consult a medical practitioner before using it for hair loss treatment
- In conditions like scalp psoriasis, you must avoid using Minoxidil, which may make your scalp itchy and dry
- Do not use it on any open wound on the scalp
- Do not use more than the recommended dosage
- Avoid colouring your hair after the application
- Avoid using hair dryers after the application
- Who can take Minoxidil?
- Minoxidil is recommended for people aged 40 years and below who have recently started experiencing hair loss.
- Who should avoid Minoxidil?
- It should not be used by individuals who are 18 years and younger. Besides, it is not used for hair growth and must not be used by people who have patchy hair loss or unexplained hair loss.
- Can I use Minoxidil forever?
- Yes. Patients who suffer from androgenetic alopecia, a form of male or female hair thinning, can use Minoxidil forever.
- Will Minoxidil make my hair thicker?
- No. It only helps in improving hair growth by stimulating blood supply to the follicles. It does increase the diameter of the hair follicle making it appear denser.
- Does Minoxidil cause headaches?
- No. it only causes headaches to those who are already prone to conditions like migraine, frequent headaches and cannot bear the smell of alcohol. For example, Minoxidil 2% and Minoxidil 5%, which contain 60% alcohol and may cause headaches to those who are sensitive to its smell.