Dental Care Routine - Recommended Dental Care Products for Dental Hygiene
With an entire day of eating and munching, your mouth remains busy continuously. Thus, you must ensure you are taking care of your oral hygiene to keep those pearly whites shining and your breath welcoming.
This article runs through a detailed daily dental care routine and the best products to keep your teeth healthy and strong.
Why is oral hygiene important?
Maintaining good oral hygiene is essential for a healthy mouth, a beautiful smile and overall well-being. Poor oral health can lead to various dental issues like tooth decay, bad breath and gum disease, which can impact your quality of life. Additionally, it is linked to overall health, a failure of which may be associated with various systemic diseases such as heart disease and diabetes. Thus, it is important to take care of your mouth for your teeth and gums.
What are the symptoms of poor oral health?
Do your teeth look like they have been on a never-ending coffee bender? Is your breath so bad that it could knock out a rhino? These might be signs that your oral hygiene needs some serious care.
Poor oral hygiene can lead to various dental and oral health problems. Some signs of poor oral health include:
- Red, swollen and bleeding gums can be a sign of gum disease caused due to bacteria in the mouth.
- Discolouration of the teeth (yellow or brown teeth) can be caused due to building up of plaque or tartar.
- Persistent bad breath or halitosis shows sign of bacteria in the mouth.
- Sensitivity to hot or cold temperature.
- Pain when biting or chewing.
- Sores or ulcers in the mouth.
- A Dry mouth leads to an increase in tooth decay and gum disease.
Poor oral health can lead to tooth loss and infections if left untreated.
Do you make these common dental care mistakes?
Are you making any of these dental care mistakes? If so, it's time to clean up your act (literally) and get back on track for a healthy, happy smile. Here are common dental care mistakes:
- Brushing too hard can damage your tooth enamel and your gums.
- Not brushing too long enough for recommended two minutes leaves plaque and bacteria left on teeth surface.
- Using the wrong toothbrush can be hard on your teeth.
- Not flossing after eating cannot remove food particles and plaque from between your teeth and under your gum line.
- Using the wrong flossing technique can damage your gums.
- Incorrect way of using mouthwash for less than 30 seconds can leave a lot of plaque left in the mouth.
Avoiding common dental care mistakes and practising good oral hygiene habits can help to maintain healthy gums and teeth and prevent dental problems.
Oral Care Habits - What exactly we should do and what we should not do
Oral Care Habits
Brushing twice a day (morning and night)
Not brushing or flossing
Flossing daily at least once a day
Using tobacco products
Using mouthwash to remove bacteria and freshen your breath
Eating a diet high in sugar
Eating a healthy diet high in fruits and vegetables and low in sugar
Using your teeth to open bottles, or tearing tags off clothing
Drinking plenty of water
Chewing pens with teeth
Visit dentist regularly for dental checkup
Taking self medication for tooth ache or pain
Dental Care Routine: Must have dental care products for a healthy dental care routine
Here are best dental care routine to maintain a good dental hygiene:
Do you need a guide on the essential dental care products we need to use regularly? If you are looking for a must-have dental care products, you can purchase them from Care n Cure online pharmacy in Qatar.
Check the best recommended dental care products to follow a healthy dental care routine.
Tooth Brush - Brush your teeth after every meal
A soft-bristled toothbrush helps get rid of plaque from your teeth and gums. It is imperative to brush your twice daily – once when waking in the morning and before going to bed at night. It is recommended to use either a manual toothbrush or an electric toothbrush.
- Helps remove plaque
- A manual toothbrush comprising of soft bristles and a tongue scrapper at the back help in cleaning the tooth
- Electric toothbrushes reach out to every corner and gap of teeth removing plaque.
Tooth Paste - Choose Fluoride Tooth Paste
Using the correct toothpaste is immensely important. Choose a fluoride toothpaste that can help strengthen your teeth and prevent cavities. Look for a toothpaste containing other ingredients that address your specific oral health needs, such as sensitivity or whitening.
- Prevents tooth decay
- Remineralizes tooth enamel
- Reduces tooth sensitivity
Tooth Powder : Clean your teeth using a Tooth Powder
Tooth powder includes a combination of natural ingredients like bentonite clay, charcoal, baking soda, and essential oils, ensuring all areas of your mouth are cleaned.
- Help reach surface stains and improve the appearance of your teeth.
Direction to use:
Mix the powder with water to create a paste-like consistency. Then, apply it to your teeth and rinse it properly with water.
Scrap plaque with a Tongue Scrapers or Tongue Cleaner
A tongue scraper aids to remove bacteria and debris from the surface of your tongue, which can help prevent bad breath and improve overall oral hygiene
- Remove excess plaque from the tongue
- Maintain oral health
Water Flosser : Floss with a Water Flosser
Water flosser uses water to eliminate food particles from between your teeth and the gum line. It can be an excellent alternative to traditional flossing for those who find it difficult or uncomfortable to use floss.
- It helps remove 99.9% plaque from teeth and is 50% more effective for bettering gum health.
- It is best suited for implants and is effective for improving gum health around implants.
- It aids in removing plaque and debris deep between teeth and gumline
- It makes your mouth feel fresh and clean
How to use:
Use a capful of water flosser for 45 seconds to get relevant output.
Use an Oral Irrigator
Oral irrigator as water flossers or dental water jets is used to clean the area between teeth and the gumline.
- It is helpful for people with gum disease or other health issues
- Maintaining fresh breath
- It is a best choice to clean while using braces
Direction to use:
Ensure to choose an oral irrigator, including its size and shape, along with additional features like a timer or adjustable pressure settings.
Mouth Wash : Thoroughly rinse with a Mouth Wash
An antimicrobial mouthwash can help kill bacteria that can cause bad breath and gum disease. Also, look for a mouthwash that contains fluoride to help strengthen your teeth and prevent cavities.
- It kills bacteria in the mouth and prevents gum disease
- Strengthens tooth and gum health
How to use?
Pour a cap of mouthwash in your mouth and use it twice daily, along with brushing. Ensure not to substitute for brushing or flossing.
Mouth Rinser : Rinse your mouth with a Mouth Rinser
Mouth rinsers help maintain fresh breath and promote oral health. It is available in various formulations, including fluoride, antiseptic and herbal.
- It kills bacteria in the mouth
- Prevents gum disease and bad breath
- Strengthens teeth and tooth decay
Direction to use:
Swish the mouth rinser in your mouth for about 30 seconds and then spit it. Do not swallow it, and follow the instructions on the product.
Use an Oil for Oil Pulling to reduce tooth pain
It is an effective technique that includes swishing oil around your mouth to help remove toxins and promote oral health. These are made of different ingredients like coconut oil, sesame oil, clove oil and sunflower oil.
- It helps alleviate tooth pain or sensitivity
- Improves overall tooth health
Direction to use:
Swish a tablespoon of oil around your mouth for 15 to 20 minutes, ensuring it covers all areas of the mouth. Next, spit the oil out into the trash and rinse your mouth with warm water.
Oral hygiene is vital for overall health. Therefore, it is vital to establish good oral hygiene habits early in life to maintain them throughout adulthood. In addition, you must use proper tools to maintain oral health and promote overall well-being. Care n Cure is one of the popular online pharmacies offering high-quality medical products for maintaining good oral health. Visit the website to check the range of products.