A smile is the first thing that is noticed upon meeting an individual. Besides, sparkling white teeth are a major attraction that instantly makes one look attractive. In addition, having bright white teeth makes you look beautiful and five years younger. However, age, lifestyle, etc., play an integral role in causing the teeth to turn yellow.
So, if you are someone suffering from the issue of yellowish teeth, here is a way to get instant and dramatic results. This article discusses how to whiten your teeth with the best teeth-whitening products. Also, check out the best instant teeth whitening kits and products in Qatar and win hearts with your million-dollar smile.
What is teeth whitening?
Teeth whitening elaborates the lightening of the teeth' colour to enhance their sparkle. It is carried out with a dentist's help or over-the-counter products.
- Professional teeth whitening: It is performed by a dentist who uses a whitening agent for whitening the teeth. The process is called bleaching, wherein the dentist uses a potent whitening agent made of hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide gel. The procedure takes over 30 minutes to an hour.
- Over-the-counter whitening: It includes whitening the teeth using over-the-counter teeth whitening agents like mouthwash, gels, strips, toothpaste, and trays.
In addition, there are other less commonly used methods like natural teeth whitening wherein the user is recommended whitening agents. These include baking soda, charcoal and hydrogen peroxide. However, they require professional consultation before use.
What causes yellow teeth?
Are you wondering why your teeth are yellow? Or what causes the teeth to turn yellow? Several factors cause the teeth to become yellow, including age, lifestyle, hygiene, injury and much more. Few include:
- Aging: With age, the outer enamel of the teeth tends to wear away, revealing the yellowish dentin underneath
- Oral hygiene: Poor oral hygiene, including plaque and tartar build-up on teeth, lead to yellowing.
- Lifestyle: Consuming products like tea, coffee, dark-coloured vegetables, fruits, and aerated drinks cause staining. Besides, habits like intake of tobacco and smoking are also leading causes of the yellowing of teeth.
- Medications: Using medications like antibiotics can cause discoloration of the tooth.
- Injury or trauma: Certain types of trauma or injury also cause discoloration of teeth.
- Medical Conditions: Certain genetic conditions lead to the yellowing of teeth.
Moreover, it is necessary to know that different types of teeth whitening treatments can impact discoloration differently. Thus, it is recommended to visit a dentist for a checkup and know the underlying reason.
Is it possible to whiten your teeth at home?
Yes, teeth whitening can be performed at home using over-the-counter teeth whitening products. These include different types of teeth-whitening toothpaste, foams, mouthwash, and gels.
Different Types of Teeth Whitening Products
Several teeth whitening products are available online that help eliminates stains and whiten the teeth. These include:
- Whitening toothpaste: These contain mild abrasives that help in removing stains on the teeth
- Whitening gels and mouthwash: These contain carbamide peroxide or hydrogen peroxide that, when applied on the teeth’s surface, helps eliminate the yellow tint
- Teeth whitening kits: These kits comprise whitening gels, toothpaste and mouthguards.
- Teeth Whitening Foams: These contain a range of active ingredients that help whiten teeth instantly.
Tips to look for when purchasing teeth whitening products
What to look for when buying teeth whitening products? Several things must be considered when buying teeth whitening products. These include:
- It is necessary to check for products that contain ingredients like carbamide peroxide and hydrogen peroxide as active agents.
- Check if the product is well tested. Besides, ensure they have acquired clearance from regulatory bodies like the FDA. Also, ensure the products purchased are not damaged or expired.
- If you are sensitive to any product or have sensitive gums or teeth, purchase a product designed for your teeth.
- Make sure to buy a product from a reputable brand of higher quality and has undergone clinical testing.
- Read product reviews to get a proper idea about its effectiveness and side effects.
- It is necessary to consult your dentist before using any product for whitening treatment. Knowing if the products are effective for everyone and if they harm certain conditions like exposed roots or advanced tooth decay is essential.
It is vital to be careful when using teeth whitening products and ensure they are proper for your teeth and do not cause any harmful effect.
How long does teeth whitening last?
The duration of teeth whitening will depend on several factors, including the type of whitening agent used, the severity of staining and the individual’s oral health habits. Based on the treatment, i.e., professional teeth whitening or over-the-counter products, the effectiveness will last between six months to two years.
Note: Whitened teeth are not immune to future staining. Thus it is necessary to follow regular oral hygiene practices such as flossing, brushing, and avoiding food and drinks that cause discolouration to maintain prolonged results.
How to choose a safe and effective product for you?
It is essential to choose an appropriate teeth whitening agent that effectively removes stains. Care n Cure is one of the renowned online medicine platforms in Qatar. Here you can find different types of teeth whitening products. You can also consult with a doctor/ dentist to share your concerns and get an effective solution.
To choose a safe and effective product for you, please follow the tips below:
- Check the website for the product
- Read user reviews
- Check for the ingredients and analyse if you are allergic to any
- Consult your dentist regarding which products are most suitable for you
Check out few best at-home teeth whitening products available in Qatar
Make your smile as resplendent as before with care n cure’s Oh! White intensive tooth whitening light kit+. Designed with highly effective whitening ingredients to get a million-dollar smile within 30 minutes using teeth whitening paste.Product USP
- Includes 30 minutes of tooth whitening formula and LED device
- Free of irritation and sensitivity
- Includes active ingredients like panthenol, PAP, lactoperoxidase, and potassium nitrate
How to Use:
- Read the instructions carefully
- Brush your teeth with the teeth-whitening toothpaste
- After use, avoid smoking or eating food or drinks for at least 4 hours to prevent stains
Win minds with your sparkling white smile. Oh! White white mint + papaya teeth toothpaste effectively helps in eliminating stains and getting milky white teeth. Get your whitening toothpaste online from Care n Cure.Product USP
- Includes active agents like papaya and white mint
- Causes minimal dental abrasion
- Ensures complete oral hygiene
How to Use:
- Use White Mint + Papaya Teeth Whitening toothpaste daily
- Brush your teeth at least for 2 minutes, twice a day for best results
Are you looking for a mouthwash that can get you whitening teeth in less time? Blue diamond colux is the product for you. Available at care n cure online, this teeth whitening product offers an expert solution to eliminate the hassle of yellow teeth and entice others with your smile.
- It is free of alcohol
- Provides instant teeth whitening effect
- Offers a refreshing breath
- Aids in removing tooth surface stains with daily use
How to Use:
- Shake the mouthwash well before use to activate
- Rinse your mouth with 15 ml of undiluted product at least for 1 minute
- Follow it by brushing your teeth with whitemint or blackmint toothpaste for the best results
An effective teeth whitening foam designed for safe daily use and to get an instant effect. Flavoured with the essence of mint, it aids in whitening your teeth effortlessly. So are you ready to let praises shower on you?
- Flavored with the essence of mint
- An instant whitening formula that activates with brushing
- Rich with anti-tartar, anticaries and antiplaque properties
- Protects gum, supports fresh breath, and reduces teeth sensitivity
How to Use:
- Shake the foam well before use to activate
- Brush your teeth for at least 2 minutes, twice a day
- Combine it with whitemint or blackmint toothpaste for the best results
Charcoal is extremely effective in cleaning the teeth of any stains. It helps in whitening the teeth and eliminating stains effortlessly.Product USP
- Supports deep cleaning and protects tooth sensitivity
- Combines activated ingredients like panthenol, carbon, papain and potassium nitrate
- Remineralizes the enamel removes plaque and tartar
- Prevents cavities, refreshes bad breath
- It is free of fluoride and paraben
How to Use:
- Use the product daily for best results
- Brush your teeth for at least 2 minutes twice a day
- Rinse your mouth well after brushing
Simple home remedies to whiten your teeth naturally
With teeth whitening products available over the counter and online, it is now possible to whiten your teeth naturally. Here are the top 5 tips:
Baking soda and lemon juice
- Combine a small amount of fresh lemon juice and baking soda to create a paste.
- Apply the paste to your teeth
- Keep it for two minutes before rinsing it with water (make sure to use the mixture in moderation to prevent erosion of tooth enamel)
Coconut oil pulling
- Rinse your mouth with a tablespoon of coconut oil for 15 to 20 minutes
- It will help in removing plaque and stains on the teeth
- Apple cider vinegar
- Mix a smtsp of apple cider vinegar in water
- Use it as a mouthwash to remove stains
- Combine a small amount of hydrogen peroxide with water
- Use it as a mouthwash
- Note: It should be used in moderation to prevent erosion of tooth enamel, oral and gum tissues
- Mash a few strawberries and rub them on your tooth
- The malic acid in strawberries will help remove stains from the teeth.
Activated charcoal is extremely effective in removing surface stains. Used as a toothpaste, it helps in reducing abrasion. However, ensure not to overuse it, which can harm gums and teeth.
It is now possible to get instant teeth whitening at home with the best quality teeth whitening kits available online and over the counter. There is no more need to get embarrassed with your yellow teeth. Win hearts with your ravishing smile now at home and enjoy smiling wholeheartedly.