Hitting 30 means being officially out of your tweens and stepping into a new phase when you finally feel like an adult. The 30s bring along wisdom and the quest to focus on health. However, the 30s is also a prime decade for women wherein many bodily changes occur. Moreover, our daily diet may not provide sufficient vitamins to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Multivitamins or multi-nutrient supplements help women over 30s get adequate vitamins they lack, especially during the onset of their childbearing years. This article covers in detail the health issues faced by women post-30 and which are the essential nutrients required for healthy living.
Common Health Issues Faced by Women in their 30s
The body tends to lose lean tissue after the age of 30. Many changes happen physically. Each woman faces different health concerns, which may include:
- Unexpected weight gain
- Hair loss
- Increased risk of miscarriage
- Decreased metabolism
- Increase in bone and muscle loss
- Risk of osteoporosis
Why are Vitamins Essential for Women After Their 30s?
Vitamins assist in keeping the body functional and healthy. Each vitamin plays a separate role. It assists in preserving brain health by improving brain functions, memory and boosting mental health. They help in fighting infections and maintaining nerve health. Additionally, vitamins play a vital role in supporting bone health, keeping the body energized and managing daily functions.
What are the Benefits of Taking Vitamins in Women in their 30+ ?
- It helps reduce stress and anxiety
- It helps in developing bone and muscle health
- It helps boost cardiovascular health
- It helps in improving eyesight
- It helps in bettering the immune system
- It promotes youthful skin and gives a glowing look
- It consists of anti-aging properties
- It is rich with antioxidants that promotes building collagen production
- It helps lower the risk of certain congenital disabilities
Which are the Must-Have Vitamins for Women After 30?
Women in their 30s and above have different biological needs. Intake of essential vitamins helps in the appropriate functioning of the body.
A table of essential vitamin supplements for women include:
|Vitamin D||Keep bones, teeth and muscles healthy.|
|Vitamin C||Maintaining healthy skin, bones & blood vessels.|
|Vitamin E||Important for Vision, Reproduction & Skin health.|
|Iron||Vital to the proper function of hemoglobin.|
|Omega 3||Make heart healthy, Fight against depression, Anxiety.|
|Vitamin B Complex||Boosting energy, reduce fatigue.|
|Vitamin B9||Convert food into Fuel.|
|Vitamin A||Helps the heart, lungs, and other organs to work properly.|
1. Vitamin D
Vitamin D is essential for women in their 30s. It helps the body absorb the calcium obtained from food and supports building bone health. It is not directly obtained from food. Sunlight is an excellent source of vitamin D.
- It maintains calcium levels in the body
- It builds bone and keeps it healthy
- It promotes a good mood
2. Vitamin C
Vitamin C is an excellent antioxidant that assists in maintaining healthy glowing skin. They are primarily found in citric-rich food like oranges, lemons, etc.
- Its antioxidant property keeps the skin youthful and healthy
- It promotes collagen production
- It helps build the immune system
- It assists in absorbing iron
3. Vitamin E
Vitamin E is yet another antioxidant that, along with vitamin C helps in maintaining skin health. Nuts, vegetable oils, and seeds are food rich in vitamin E.
- It assists in preventing scars
- It speeds up the healing process
It is an essential supplement women require post-30. Most women face iron deficiency during pregnancy or due to heavy menstrual flow. It is also common among females who do not consume meat and athletes.
- It promotes healthy pregnancy
- It helps to keep the body energized by transporting oxygen throughout the body
5. Omega 3
Omega-3 fatty acids are vital components that assist to make heart healthy and improve brain function. They are sourced through food like tuna, fish, sardines, herring, and mackerel, in addition to plant oils such as canola, soybean, and flaxseed.
- It prevents the body from any inflammation
- It reduces frequent sweating issues
- It includes antidepressant properties that soothe the mind
Vitamin B-complex play an integral role in boosting energy and keeping the human body healthy.These include a set of 8 vitamins which are:
- Thiamine (B1)
- Riboflavin (B2)
- Niacin (B3)
- Pantothenic Acid (B5)
- Vitamin B6
- Biotin (B7)
- Vitamin B12
- Folic Acid
- It regulates digestion
- It helps in promoting good sleep
- It boosts energy
- It is good for cardiovascular health
- It maintains hair, nail and skin health
- It boosts mood
Folic acid or folate, also known as vitamin B9 is an essential vitamin B-complex required by women during the childbearing years. Good sources of vitamin B9 include beans, and green leafy vegetables like spinach, turnip, asparagus, broccoli, etc.
- It lowers the risk of brain and spinal cord defects in the fetus
- It maintains the fetus's growth and development
8. Vitamin A
Vitamin A is a vital component that boosts immunity. It is primarily found in food like dairy products, fish, eggs, leafy vegetables, fruits and yellow vegetables.
- It plays an essential role in cell recognition
- It helps improve vision
- It helps promote immune function
- It helps in maintaining lungs, kidney, and heart functions
How Long Does it Take for Vitamins to Work?
Vitamins often start to show effect immediately after consumption which depends on whether you are taking the vitamin through IV or in the form of tablets. Additionally, often the results are noticeable within three to six weeks of daily consumption of essential vitamins.
Is a Doctor's Prescription Required to Take Vitamin Supplements?
Vitamin supplements are usually taken to balance the nutritional requirement in the diet. However, you should consult your doctor or medical practitioner to diagnose which vitamin you are deficient in. In addition, it is suggested to connect with a medical professional to prevent an overdose of vitamins or conditions like hypo-vitaminia.
Care n Cure is a renowned online pharmacy in Qatar wherein you can buy essential vitamin supplements online in Qatar at the best prices to resolve issues related to vitamin deficiency. Customers can find a detailed explanation about the medications on the website. In addition, users are also assisted by knowledgeable pharmacists about dosage and side effects of each vitamin.
Women's bodies differ in their nutritional needs compared to men's. These keep changing throughout her life based on the requirement. Women in their 30s are at the prime of their reproductive age and many changes occur in the body. Hence, a balanced diet is the best way to meet nutritional requirements. Vitamins are a good alternative for women deficient in certain vitamins and who cannot get them directly through their diet. It is suggested to consult a medical practitioner to understand the vitamin you b are deficient in and follow the recommended dosage.
FAQs - Vitamins for Women in 30s
What are the must-have vitamins for women in their 30s?
- Women above 30 need iron, vitamins C, E, D, B-Complex, and calcium
How much vitamin A do women need?
- Adult women will require 700 mcg of vitamin A daily
Do vitamins required by women vary from that of men?
- Essential vitamins taken by women contain a higher level of folic acid which is essential for maintaining a healthy pregnancy.
Which vitamin helps in maintaining youthful skin?
- Vitamins C and E are rich in antioxidants that help maintain a youthful look with glowing skin.