Glucophage 500mg Tablets 100S
Glucophage 500mg Tab 10'S contains metformin, which belongs to the biguanide group of medicines used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus (also called known as 'non-insulin-dependent diabetes').
Product Specifications and Features:
- Medicine used to reduce pain and swelling like ibuprofen, celecoxib
- Medicine used to treat asthma-like salbutamol or terbutaline
- Medicines like furosemide (diuretics)
- If you need to take an injection of iodine-containing contrast medium into your bloodstream, for an X-ray or scan, your doctor will ask you to stop taking metformin before or at the time of injection
- If you are allergic to metformin, or any other ingredients of this medicine
- If you have liver or severe kidney problems
- If you are an alcoholic
- If you have uncontrolled diabetes
- If you have any heart problems, or if you recently had a heart attack
- If you have a severe infection of the lung or kidney. Infections can increase the risk for lactic acidosis
Glucophage Tablet Uses
Glucophage 500 mg is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes as it contains metformin. Glucophage tablets are also used in preventing kidney damage. It is also taken during high blood pressure.
The Metformin 500 mg tablets are very beneficial in treating type 2 diabetes and ultimately reducing the risk of heart strokes.
Glucophage Side effects
Vomiting, nausea and rashing are observed as Glucophage side effects. These are temporary and are observed rarely.