Every fitness enthusiast would know what whey protein is. It is almost a part of their daily diet, yet in reality, it is not. Each individual has a unique bodily constitution, and knowing what can suit you right is essential in meeting your fitness goal. That also fits for whey protein powders.
Coming sections will throw light on choosing the best whey protein in Qatar and the essential points to consider when purchasing whey protein Qatar.
What is whey protein? How does it help?
Whey protein is made from the whey left out when producing cheese. It is the watery portion that separates while producing milk. In short, whey is the watery part of milk.
- Milk is composed of two proteins viz:
- Whey, that makes up 20% of content
- Casein makes up 80% of milk.
In addition, you can also find whey floating in the form of liquid in a yoghurt container. This water is processed through various steps to prepare whey powder, a tasteless and odourless powder. It is added to shakes and used in protein bars.
Benefits of Whey protein
It helps in maintaining muscle mass
Rebuilding damaged muscle tissue
Easy to digest and absorbed from guts quickly
Used as a supplementation combined with workouts, it helps in improving the synthesis of muscle protein and promotes the growth of lean fats.
A good alternative for healthy weight loss. (PS: It is to be used only by those who are doing daily work outs)
Whey reduces hunger and thereby helps in maintaining muscle while burning fats.
From athlete to fitness lover, whey protein adds the macronutrient essential for your body.
However, there is more to choosing whey protein from a whey protein shop in Qatar, visited by thousands of people each day. Each whey protein is formulated with various additives. In addition, while some are packed with more proteins per serving, others contain more natural protein nutrients.
15 Best Whey Protein Powders in Qatar
Scitec nutrition whey is made of whey isolate and fortified with faster absorption of whey hydrolysate. Composed of 100% whey isolate contributes to muscle mass growth and maintenance. It is also most suited to maintaining normal bones. The product provides all 9 amino acids making it a complete protein.
- It contains added extra L-Glutamine, a form of abundant free amino acid in human blood
- Includes all 9 amino acids
- It helps maintain bone and muscle health
Eric Favre ISO 100% Whey Zero – Pistache Flavor
ISO Zero is made through cold microfiltration and hence is only lightly denatured. Composed of 85% whey isolates like WPH and WPI and a little percentage of whey protein concentrate, it helps in increasing muscle mass and maintaining bone health. The product contains zero fibres and is best suited for consumption before and after a workout.
- The product is produced in a workshop that utilises sesame seeds, eggs, gluten, nuts, sulphites and celery
- It contains sweeteners and thickeners
Scitec - Chocolate flavor
Flavored with chocolate Scitec Nutrition 100% Whey powder is composed of Whey Protein Isolate and Fat reduced Cocoa. The 100% whey isolate and whey hydrolysate provides boosts absorption. The dietary proteins is a rich source of nitrogen and other amino acids that contributes to muscle growth and bone maintenance.
- Comprises of nine amino acids that cannot be synthesized and must be included in diet
- Contributes to muscle growth and maintenance
- 100% whey isolate helps in maintaining bone health
- Lower percentage of sugar, lactose and fat content
Scitec Nutrition 100% Why Protein (Strawberry flavored)
Scitec Nutrition chocolate hazelnut flavors provides the perfect combination of taste and health.
Scitec Nutrition is a 100% whey protein composed of whey isolate and whey concentrate acquired from milk. In addition to the 9 amino acids (left unsynthesised by the human body) supplied through dietary supplements, it includes added components like Amino Acid Matrix and Papain and Bromelain to speed absorption by the gut.
- Available in Strawberry flavor
- It can be consumed anytime
Sh King Whey Protein is composed of a Whey Concentrate blended with a small whey isolate that provides the optimal amount of protein to the body to build muscle mass and gain weight. Flavored with vanilla, it can be added to snacks and pancakes to have tasty, protein-rich healthy food.
- Promotes weight gain
- Builds muscle and boosts immunity
- It contains sugar and flavored sweetener
- Individuals with diabetes and sugar are recommended to consult a medical practitioner before consumption.
Biochem Whey Protein
Free of artificial flavors and gluten-free, Biochem Whey Protein – Qatar is a plant-based whey protein which is best for people who are gluten sensitive. It is made of 100% whey with no inclusion of soy or rBGH or rBST and 99% free of lactose.
- Easy to digest
- It is AVA certified by American Vegetarian Association
- Made of Kosher Diary
- It contains 20gms of grass-fed vegetarian protein and 20 amino acids.
Scitec Nutrition 100% Hydrolyzed Whey Protein- Toffee Flavored
Whey proteins are one of the best ways to add the required protein content to your diet. Scitec Nutrition is a 100% Hydrolyzed whey protein powder made by breaking intact protein into much smaller parts, thereby helping to speed its absorption in the gut and digestion and gain maximum benefits.
- Best suited for athletes/ gym enthusiasts to consume post-training
- It can be consumed in between training sessions to boost energy
- Helps in the growth and maintenance of muscle mass
- Maintenance of bone health
- Contains lactose enzyme
- Users who are lactose sensitive are recommended to seek medical advice before consumption.
Dymatize ISO 100 is best suited for all fitness enthusiasts whose aim is to build muscle and strength. It contains muscle-building amino acids, and the presence of ISO100 supports providing resistance in training programs.
It is developed using the process of cross-flow microfiltration, and multi purification process helps in maintaining the protein fractions. It is free of fat, lactose, carbohydrates and cholesterol.
- Effective on consuming after 30 minutes of workout
- The presence of ISO100 helps in quick absorption and speedy digestion
- Gluten-free and best suited for gluten-sensitive people
- Available in sizes 5 Lbs, 1.6 Lbs, 1.3 Lbs and 1.4 Lbs
Reflex One Stop Xtreme Choco Peref
Reflex Nutrition Whey Protein Powder is a high quality protein powder that is obtained from grass-fed cows. It is halal certified and does not include any added sugars, hormones, artificial colors or soy protein. The protein powder provides a blend of creatine, vitamin B12, B6, C, Copper, Chromium, Zinc, Iron and complex carbohydrates that helps in resistance training.
- Can be consumed through the day as per the required calorie intake
- Helps in maintaining nitrogen balance
- Best suited to consume 20 to 30 minutes before and post workout to maintain muscle mass
- Recommended for those who are looking for muscle gain
Scitec Nutrition Casein Complex Whey Protein Powder is a 100% milk complex that blends milk proteins, digestive enzymes and extra free amino acids. As milk is composed of Casein and whey protein in an 80:20 ratio, the protein isolates in the product also resemble the ratio providing Casein in the form of low-quality Casein. It is non-vegan and made of 100% milk complex.
- The presence of milk complex builds muscle mass and helps maintain its growth
- Assists in maintaining normal bone health
- Includes Amino Acid Matrix, which are additional amino acids like L-Glutamine, L-Leucine and Taurine
- Papain and Bromelain boost the digestive process.
It is made of whey protein concentrate, isolate and hydrolysate. Challenger Nutrition whey protein is designed using minimum fats, sugars and carbohydrates.
It is not recommended for people with sugar and is suggested to take medical advice before use. Its peculiar chocolate flavour makes an ideal mixing choice for preparing energy bars, pancakes, and oatmeal.
- Best suited for athletes and those who want to build muscles
- Easy to digest and absorbable in the gut
- Improves cardiovascular health
- Boosts immunity and energy
- It helps in maintaining power during resistance training.
Best suited for bodybuilders and athletes, Reflex One stop is made of milk acquired from grass-fed cows. Hence it is free of any hormones or antibiotics. It contains five times more CLA and is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Provides energy for high-level resistance training
- Best suited protein supplement for bodybuilders
- It helps in increasing strength and bettering performance
- Also suitable for vegetarians
Ancient Nutrition Multi Collagen Whey Protein Powder
A collagen builder that will help maintain youthfulness, Ancient Nutrition Multi Collagen whey protein powder is an animal-based whey provides. It makes a perfect ingredient to surprise your tastebuds and have a sumptuous smoothie diet.
It can be savoured with soups to prepare pancakes and other recipes and increase collagen intake adding perfect flavor and protein to your diet. The whey powder available across the stores in Qatar is free of growth hormones and chemicals. The Collagen is derived from eggs and chicken sourced from Midwest US farms.
- It helps build Collagen required for healthy nails, hair, skin and joint.
- It is non-vegan
- Available in varying flavors and colors
- People allergic to Cod, Haddock, Pollock or egg are recommended to consult a medical adviser before consuming.
Garden of Life Raw Organic Whey Protein Powder
A vegan plant-based whey protein powder is one of Qatar's finest and best organic whey proteins, suitable for anyone, especially vegans. Ingredients include organic peas, sprouted brown rice, Amarnath sprout, etc. The whey protein is entirely plant-based and is not developed using pasteurization.
- Soy-free, gluten-free, and dairy-free
- Contains no GMO whole food protein
- Comprises 13 RAW organic sprouts
- It helps in muscle recovery post-workout
- Delicious to taste, available in chocolate flavor that includes fat-soluble RAW food
- Includes vitamins A, D, E and K
- Inbuilt enzymes allow easy digestion
BSN Syntha-6 Isolate Whey Protein
BSN Syntha-6 Isolate is made of whey protein isolate and milk protein isolate. It provides the user with a mix of both fast and low digestive protein. It is thus most suited for a post-work protein drink.
- Best suited post-workout drink
- Not advisable for pregnant women, nursing mothers and children. Recommended to seek medical advice before consumption
Eric Favre ISO 100% Whey Zero Chocolate Flavor
Chocolate is one of the most sought flavors not only for energy drinks but in whey protein too. Eric Favre is a chocolate flavored whey protein that comprises over 85% whey protein isolate (WPH and QPI). It enables muscle anabolism with its rapid assimilation quality and also enhances digestion that is derived from its cold microfiltration process.
- Containers sweeteners like Sucralose, Acesulfame K, Cocoa
- Best time to consume: 1 hour before and after training mixing the powder in water
- Can be consumed as a snack either at 10 am or 4 pm before bedtime when you are not working out.
- Boosts energy
- Helps in muscle development
Guide to Choose the Best Whey Protein in Qatar
Proteins are muscle builders. An average human body requires approximately 0.8 g per kg or 0.36 g per pound. Yet the optimal need for protein is not the same for all persons. It differs based on body conditions and what goal you want to achieve.
For example, an individual who aims to build muscles must maintain his protein level above average. That, combined with exercise, will help gain muscle mass and maintain it as they age.
Similarly, a person wanting to lose weight may also be suggested to have a higher protein intake that will help them burn calories via digestion. Besides, high protein will help retain muscles when losing fats.
The below section provides essential factors for choosing the best whey protein in Qatar based on diet, types of users and dietary restrictions.
FAQs Related to Whey Protein Powder
Is the whey protein plant-based or animal-based?
Plant-based whey protein is made of organic plant products such as soy, pea, hemp, brown rice, and blend. Plant-based proteins are digestible, and the enzymes help in absorbing them quickly. On the other hand, animal based protein comprises whey that are proteins isolated from cow’s milk.
What ingredients are used to prepare the protein powder?
Many protein powders include sweeteners, artificial flavors and thickening agents. Look for the following:
- Source of protein – whether it is made of hemp, casein, whey, soy or milk?
- Processing method – isolate concentrate or hydrolysate.
Does it contain sweeteners?
Nutritive sweeteners are made of brown rice syrup, honey, maple, agave, molasses, etc., whereas non-nutritive flavors like saccharin, aspartame, acesulfame, potassium or sucralose.
Are you allergic to any ingredient?
Whey protein powder which includes sugar alcohol may cause digestive issues, and those containing refined sugar may not be suitable for people with sugar issues or diabetes. Besides, natural flavors include one or more of the major eight food allergens. Check if the ingredients contain any allergen.
How much protein do you require?
Your protein requirement will vary with age and medical conditions. People with hypertension, sugar, and immunity issues require different amounts of protein. In addition, it also depends upon whether your goal is losing weight, building muscle or boosting immunity.
Is whey protein suitable for you?
It is necessary to seek advice from a medical practitioner if you are allergic to any ingredient or suffering from any ailment to prevent any effects or medical conditions after intake.
What is the average whey protein price in Qatar?
The average whey protein price in Qatar falls between 200 QAR to 500 QAR. Also depending on the size and brands the whey protein price will also vary.
Which are the cheapest whey proteins in Qatar?
Some of the cheapest whey protein brands in Qatar are:
- Eric Favre
- Challenger Nutrition
- Dymatize Iso-100
- Pure Protein
Are we not very picky when it comes to clothing or jewelry? Thus, it is worth experimenting with whey protein before choosing the best one for you. Analyze how you feel and what changes your body experience. Are you feeling any digestive issues? Is there any feeling of nausea, tiredness or allergies?
How is your body reacting to the whey protein? If the effect is positive, you have had the best pick. If not, then try another brand or flavor and check if it aligns with your goal. There is only one way of finding which protein powder is best suitable for you. Experiment and ask the needed questions and win good health.